“Discover the delicious and convenient way to eat meat-free. Gardein’s Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes are better for your body and better for the planet.”
Gardein is one of my absolute favorite food brands. They make a variety of meat alternatives that are healthy, delicious and easy to work with. I’m been using their Beefless Ground, Veggie Burgers, Scallopini and more for a long time. Their products are great for vegans, those transitioning to a plant based lifestyle or anyone looking to reduce their meat consumption.
One of the things that I love about this brand is that they continue to crank out innovative plant based products. I was stoked when Gardein came out with their Fishless Filets. Once again, I could get my fish and chips fix or indulge in some fish tacos. Seafood is one thing that many vegans probably assume they have to give up to go plant based. There are plenty of vegan beef and chicken substitutes. However, the market was lacking in seafood alternatives until recently.
I had already experienced the magic of the Gardein Fishless Filet. So when I saw the new Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes, I knew I was in for a treat. They are amazingly delicious and easy to prepare. They would be great for a tapas night, a Sunday brunch or an everyday meal. They also happen to be the star of my Vegan Crab Stuffed Portobello Cap recipe.
Check out this simple and elegant dish. Don’t forget to check out Gardein’s other products and grab a $1 coupon for Gardein here.
Made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and veggies, Gardein provides the taste, texture and protein content of meat with less fat, fewer calories and no cholesterol.
Gardein is vegan, kosher and each product contains specific benefits.
Gardein meat alternatives are better for the planet. Small steps count and Meatless Mondays are a great way to start. In fact, if every American ate meatless just 1 day/week all year it would be the equivalent of taking a 1/2 million cars off the road.
- 1 Package Gardein Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes
- 2-3 Portobello Caps (depending on size)
- 4-5 Tbsp Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Bread Crumbs
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Lemon Wedges (optional)
- Parsley for Garnish (optional)
- Defrost the Gardein Crabless Cakes
- Clean and de-stem the portobello caps
- Brush the portobello caps with olive oil then sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Crumble the Gardein Crabless Cakes into a bowl
- Mix the lemon juice and vegan mayo into the crumbled Crabless Cakes
- Spoon the mixture into the portobello caps
- Sprinkle the stuffed portobello caps with bread crumbs
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until mushroom are tender
- Serve with parsley garnish and lemon wedges
- Finish with a couple minutes under the broiler for extra crisp bread crumbs.
- Gardein Mini Crispy Crabless Cakes contain 9g of protein and 32mg of Omega 3s per 3 cakes