I was so excited when I discovered overnight oats. They are a great way to enjoy oatmeal without having to do one bit of cooking. There are so many ways you can make them depending on your preferences. The possibilities are endless. This is an easy to follow template on how to make this nutritious meal on the go.
- 1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2/3 Cups Non-Dairy Milk (Such as almond, soy, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Seeds (such as chia, flax, hemp etc.)
- 1 tsp Spice (cinnamon, vanilla, etc.)
- 1/4 Cup Dry Topping (fresh or dried Fruit, Nuts, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Wet Topping (maple syrup, agave nectar etc.)
- Put the Oats and Milk in a small single serving container (mason jars work great)
- Stir in the Seeds and Spice
- Refrigerate overnight
- The next day add the Dry Topping and then drizzle the Wet Ingredient on top before eating.
Note: Eat them cold or heat prior to adding the final toppings