Tofu scramble is a delicious and protein packed breakfast option. This version is super easy. It’s full of nutrition and flavor.
Spicy Mushroom & Spinach Tofu Scramble
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu (drained and patted dry)
- 5-6 Baby Bella Mushrooms (sliced)
- 5oz Spinach
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Large Jalapeno (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Avocado (optional)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the Garlic and cook until translucent (careful not to burn).
- Add the Mushroom and Jalapeño and cook until tender. (Always use caution when cooking with peppers. Avoid getting any in your eyes. Depending on the potency they may make you a sneezy when cooking. Feel free to omit the Jalapeños if spice isn’t your thing.)
- Crumble in the tofu and stir.
- Add the Nutritional Yeast, Turmeric, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook until the Tofu just barely starts to brown.
- Add the Spinach and continue to cook until the Spinach is wilted.
- Plate and Add the Avocado as garnish.