I’ve really been on a brussels sprouts kick lately. Who knew the vegetable that most people hated as a kid could be so delicious? I’m really lovin’ them being paired with fruit.This recipe is pure sweet and salty goodness. It features perfectly crispy brussels with a tangy sauce and the sweet yet tart touch of cranberries.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, dry and quarter the brussels sprouts. I like to keep any fallen leaves since they crisp nicely.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spread the brussels out on the pan.
- Coat the brussels with the olive oil.
- Place in the oven on the top rack for 40-50 minutes, stirring mid way through.
- Reduce remaining ingredients (except cranberries) to a thick sauce.
- Add the sauce to the brussels and put back in the oven for another 5-10 min.
- Remove brussels once they are crispy.
- Toss with the cranberries.