This dish is perfect for cold weather or anytime you need an extra boost of veggies.
Easy Three Bean Tomato Stew
- One 16oz Organic White Northern Beans (Canned or Pre Cooked Fresh)
- One 16oz Organic Kidney Beans (Canned or Pre Cooked Fresh)
- One 16oz Organic Garbanzo Beans (Canned or Pre Cooked Fresh)
- 2 Cans Organic Tomato Sauce
- 3 Cups of Organic Vegetables (I used corn, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 2 Cubed Organic Baked Potatos
- 5 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth, Water or combination of the two (If using water you can add vegan bouillon for extra flavor)
- 2 tsp Organic Basil
- 2 tsp Organic Garlic Power (a 2 gloves fresh garlic)
- 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Organic Black Pepper
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Trader Joes Every Day Seasoning To Taste (or similar seasoning)
- Sprinkle of Organic Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Put all three cups of vegetables in the pot.
- Add the potato, beans and tomato sauce.
- Next add the liquid ingredients. Make sure there is enough liquid to completely cover the vegetables. You can adjust the amount of liquid depending on how soupy you want it to be.
- Cook on medium heat until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the Basil, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Bay Leaves and Trader Joes Seasoning. You can also add the Cayenne if you don’t mind a little bit of spice. Feel free to adjust the seasoning based on your preferences.
You can use non organic ingredients if you need to. I love spice so I like to also sprinkle a little hot sauce. You can sub any of the veggies or beans for others of your choosing. I like to serve with either bread, crackers or corn muffins.