This recipe from http://myeclectickitchen.com is simple and super easy to make.
Chocolate Chai Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup steeped chai rooibos tea
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 2 heaping tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In boiling water, steep the chai rooibos tea for at least 3 minutes. Measure out 1/3 cup of tea.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the coconut oil, vanilla, tea, coconut palm sugar, and sea salt.
4. In a small bowl, combine the garbanzo bean flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips. Chill the batter in the refrigerator for about 7 minutes prior to scooping.
7. Scoop 2-Tbsp cookie balls onto a half sheet pan, lined with a Silpat mat or parchment paper and press down to flatten them ever so slightly with your hand or a rubber spatula. You should be able to fit 12 cookies onto a half sheet pan.
8. Bake until they start to just brown at the bottom, for 9-11 minutes, depending on how powerful your oven is.
9. Allow the cookies to rest on the half sheet pan for about 2-3 minutes besides transferring them to a cooling rack.
The cookies are moist and delicious. I rarely bake and even I was able to make them. They can out great and I’m sure I’ll be using this recipe a lot. I also love that the ingredients are as wholesome and healthy as possible.
Note: I used Chatfields Double Dark Semi Chocolate Chips